Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship - Clifton Dental Studio
Dental Level 3
During the Dental Nurse Apprenticeship you will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required to become a qualified dental nurse and have a successful career in dental nursing.
Your daily activities could include:
- Assisting the dentist in providing safe and effective treatments to patients, from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments
- Proving patients with a high level of care
- Setting up and cleaning surgery
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
- Adhering to practice policies and procedures
Our purpose is to enhance the quality of our patient’s lives by helping them to achieve the smile and level of dental health that they want. Instead of telling you what your smile should look like and how healthy you ought to be, we will help you understand your choices so you can make an informed decision.
Each smile makeover is tailor-made just for you. Everyone has a different idea of what their perfect smile should look like. We listen to you then design your unique smile to match your appearance and personality.
Maths and English GCSE at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) are desirable. If you do not have these, you will study functional skills alongside your apprenticeship.
This is a great opportunity to be trained and secure long-term employment. Once qualified, there are a number of routes for further training and development, including dental hygienist, dental therapist or dental cosmetics. Also, the opportunity for career progression into head nurse, team leader, or practice manager.
The apprenticeship provides employment and training within a dental practice to study the Level 3 dental nurse apprenticeship. The apprenticeship is designed to teach the knowledge, skills and behaviours necessary to ensure competency in all aspects of clinical duties including: -
- Preparing for Professional Practice in Dental Nursing
- Infection Prevention and Control
- First Aid and Medical Emergencies
- Oral and General Health
- Endodontic Treatments
- Prosthetic Treatments
- Radiation and Radiography
- Periodontal Disease and Cavity Restoration
- Health and Safety
- Extractions and Minor Oral Surgery
- Management of Oral Health Diseases and Dental Anatomy, Oral Health Assessments and Treatment Planning
- The use of VR Technology
Upon successful completion you will awarded the relevant qualification to apply for professional registration as a dental nurse to the General Dental Council (GDC).
A passion and desire to work within the dental sector is essential and to not be put off at the sight of blood. If you using public transport to get to the practice, please ensure you have researched the route and that a regular service is available. It is also a requirement to have a course of Hepatitis B vaccines and a clear enhanced DBS.