of our learners would recommend us
of our learners have passed their EPA with a Merit or Distinction
of employers would recommend us
of traineeship learners have developed their careers as a result of the programme
Level 3, 4 & 5 apprenticeships… Where do I start and can I complete them all?
Achieving progression through an apprenticeship is achievable, but you might be wondering, where do I start? When applying for an apprenticeship, you may be left confused after seeing the various levels available. Where you start on your journey depends on your current qualifications. Below is a breakdown of the other level apprenticeships available at Aspiration Training.
Get in touch with us today to find out more about taking part in an apprenticeship.
There are currently four levels of apprenticeship in England: intermediate, advanced, higher, and degree. They all involve a work-based learning programme and lead to nationally recognised qualifications.
- Intermediate apprenticeships are level 2 qualifications equivalent to GCSE passes at grades A*–C (4–9 on the new system).
- Advanced apprenticeships are level 3 qualifications and are equivalent to A level passes.
- Higher apprenticeships lead to qualifications at level 4 and above.
- A degree apprenticeship involves gaining a university degree while you work (level 6 or above).
To break it down further:
- level 4/5 is equivalent to a higher education certificate, higher education diploma or a foundation degree (the first year of a degree)
- level 6 is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree
- level 7 is equivalent to a master’s degree.
To get onto a higher or degree apprenticeship, you’ll typically need a level 3 qualification such as an advanced apprenticeship, A levels or NVQ level 3. You’ll also need to have a level 2 qualification such as an intermediate apprenticeship or five good GCSE passes (grades A*–C or 4–9).
In Wales, there are four types of apprenticeships on offer corresponding to different levels of the Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales (CQFW):
- Foundation (Level 2)
- Apprenticeship/Standard (Level 3)
- Higher (Levels 4-7)
- Degree (Levels 6-7).
Get in touch with us today to find out more.